Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Visualizing Lorien

[Morrow Island: Behind The Scenes]

Just so you know, I can not draw. It is simply not one of my blessed talents. I have accepted this and am moving on. However, I still want to show you what, in my mind, Lorien (Morrow Island Elf character) looks like.

This is what I picture her overall. Except with a few differences...


I imagine her dressed in more of a dress or skirt and tunic sort of like this. Imagine the dress purple with gold glittering through the skirt. I like the feel of this picture (without the wings of course) and the flute.


I imagine her hair golden blonde and very thick and wavy. Like this:


or this:


This picture shows more of the demeanor of my elf. She is very kind , thoughtful and close to nature. She is built more for mental challenges than physical ones. However, she is very fluid in her movements like all elves, she just doesn't (yet) have the heart for battle. (I like this dress too, though I'll eventually have to add some armor likeness for battles).


I like this picture, just because it is a close up of a female elven face. I like this one as a whole. I imagine Lorien's face very soft, but angular.


This last picture I like because it is more of a combat dress. I also really like the sword. Lorien does have a longsword. This is actually a great stance, except the outfit is purple with gold accents and the hair is golden blonde and flowing behind her. 


So that about sums it up...right? One day I might have help from some very talented friends to make a better collaboration for my character. Basically, these are a bunch of pictures that I like where I can take things from to imagine what Lorien could look like. Ultimately, Lorien looks like me, but more awesome and an elf. 

Photo Credits: photo 1, photo 2, photo 3, photo 4, photo 5, photo 6, photo 7.

4 comments:

  1. This helps me in my quest to sketch your character! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! When I was playing with ideas and character sketches the other night I kept wondering if I should make Lorien's hair straight or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not straight, but not curvy either. It's more wavy, sort of a Goldilocks look.

    ReplyDelete